Polyurethane Bull Dolly
Quick Info: Polyurethane Bull Dolly - Individual Skate - Capacities: 1 to 18 tons
Manufacturer / Country of Origin: Hilman Rollers / USA
Application: Ideal for positioning and moving heavy loads, either in a straight line or where turns are needed.
Description: High capacity low profile machine moving dolly with polyurethane rollers.
- Polyurethane: Floor protective for smooth, painted, finished, or sealed floors.
- *NOTE: The 9, 12, and 18 ton capacities have black polyurethane rollers.
- Padded: Built-in neoprene pad. Allows for some compression and provides a non-slip surface. For moving on less than perfect floors or for moving metal based machines.
- Diamond: Spike-like steel grid able to grip into wood and provide a secure move for crated or palletized equipment.
- Smooth: Smooth steel top. Ideal for mounting the rollers to equipment or as a base unit for a variety of top modifications.
- Swivel: For turns, even in the tightest of corners. Comes with lockable turntables, called 'swivel-locking' tops. Spring-loaded locks can engage every 45 degrees.
- Rigid: For straight line moves.
Includes: (1) one bull dolly - Optional steering handles are available for turning the swivel type skates.
WARNING: Never exceed rated capacity!
The pattern of the top plate should be selected in accordance witht the applicatio. Four basic patterns are available:
Diamond: Diamond tops have a spike-like steel grid able to grip into wood and provide a secure move for crated or palletized equipment.
Padded: Padded tops with built-in neoprene pad allow some compression and provide a non-slip surface. A versatile choice for moving on less than perfect floor or for moving metal based machines.
Smooth: A smooth steel top, ideal for mounting the rollers to equipment or as a base unit for a variety of top modifications.
Roller Material Characteristics:
Nylon: Nylon roller material is an all-purpose wheel that allows for good floor protection with high durability. The wheels will not sag and deform if left under the load for a period of time. The hard material rolls easily but when encountering an obstacle, debris can get embedded causing the roller material to crack over time.
Polyurethane: Polyurethane roller material provides even better floor protection that their nylon counterparts with good durability. Poly is a softer wheel that provides excellent floor protection for smooth, painted, finished, sealed or tiled floors. Soft roller sags under max load, as a result it is slightly more difficult to roll. It is resistant against embedding of debris.
Steel: Steel roller material provides the best wear characteristics with the highest durability compared to nylon or poly. This roller material is ideal for non-sensitive, durable floors in rough and tough environments such as construction areas. Rolls easily. Steel will possibly scratch floors especially during turns.
Example of Different Capacities:
- 1 ton dolly has 2 rollers
- 3 ton dolly has 4 rollers
- 6 ton dolly has 8 rollers